Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HSA 4941 - Blog #6

This week was a great learning experience and also I got some hands on experience.

I worked with the Social Service Director, and my task was to interview six of the residents and their families.

The questions aimed to give the administrator a better idea of how his residents are finding their stay at the facility. Some of the questions that were asked during the interview that I found interesting were: “Have a staff ever hit you?” and “Do you participate in activities that the facility offers?” What I gathered from my interview was that some of the residents preferred to stay in their room than going to the activities room. Most of them, said that they were just comfortable in their room. I guess the activities director have to come up with an idea of how to motivate the residents, so that they can partake during the activities session. I must say that from the sample of residents, most of them found that the facility was kept clean and the staff respects their wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment