Sunday, April 11, 2010

HSA 4941 - Blog #9

This week I got some hands on experience in the Risk Management Department. I worked with the Risk Management Manager. I had to read through the risk management manual, to get an idea of what her job entails.


I had to enter the amount of injuries and the reason for them in the Daily Incident/Accident Log 2010 book. Today two patients fell and I had to record it and put a copy of the incident report in the file.


Also, I had to make phone calls to various insurance companies to find out the status of patient’s claims. This facility has an oral hygiene plan for its residents, so I had to call the Senior Oral Hygiene Insurance Protection Plan to find out if payments have been received.


This week was very productive because I got a chance to see and assist the Risk Manger. I believe that a great way to learn is when the managers actually let you participate in what he/she is doing. That is the only way that you would actually gain experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment